Renewable Energy - BYPL
- Through its various initiatives BYPL has been able to add 22.5 MW of solar rooftop capacity at consumer end with over 520 net metering connections as on 31st March, 2020
- The installations are under the provisions of DERC’s “Net metering for Renewable Energy Regulations 2014”, which are applicable to Discoms in Delhi. Detailed guidelines are available under section on regulations on the Hon’ble DERC website : Http://derc.gov.in
- Net metering is a special metering and billing arrangement between power utilities and their consumers, which facilitates connections of renewable energy-generating systems to the discoms network. Rooftop solar net metering allows consumers to generate electricity for sel-consumption and sell surplus, if any to the Discom, thus leading to reduction in electricity bills.
- BYPL has developed a streamlined process for approving net-metering applications and subsequent installation of net-meter & renewable energy meter in line with Hon’ble DERC (Net-metering for Renewable Energy) Regulations, 2014 as amended from time to time.
- BYPL has been running many campaigns and consumer connect programs for promotion of renewable energy and green technologies
- From time to time BYPL has been creating awareness among consumers about role and importance of renewable energy through various media outlets, news letters, SMS etc.
- As per MNRE’s Phase – II guidelines for rooftop solar programme, BYPL is acting as a nodal agency for empanelment of vendors under residential category for its license area. These vendors can be selected by our esteemed customers for installation of solar rooftop systems at for reducing the carbon footprint.
- Following vendors can be contacted for installation of rooftop solar systems based on requirements and avail benefits of subsidy
Details of the nodal officer for net metering
|Name of Nodal officer||Contact No|
|Mr. Aayush Bansal||011- 41247068|
|Mr. Ravi Kumar||011- 41249948|
|Email ID :- Netmetering.Bypl@relianceada.com|| BSES Yamuna Power Limited
Key Consumer cell,
Sub-Station – 15, Madhu Vihar, IP Extension, New Delhi
Landmark: In front of Rama Krishna Apartments
|Apply Online or Submit Query|
Net meting application form & DT transformation capacity details
|Net Metering Application Form|
|Net Metering Registration Form and Connection Agreement|
|Solar Plant Installation certificate|
|DT Transformation Capacity|