TERMS AND CONDITIONS - BYPL
Apart from the conventional method of receiving communication regarding your bills etc, you can now also opt for WhatsApp services.
You can register for WhatsApp services by simply sending a WhatsApp revert. For details read below:-
Introduction:BSES Yamuna Power Limited (“BYPL”) has introduced WhatsApp Services for interacting with the consumers. The specific terms of policy for communication by WhatsApp are as follows:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMMUNICATIONS BY WHATSAPP
- Consumers who wish to avail of the Whatsapp services have to confirm with anopt-in permission that they are willing to receive messages on WhatsApp from BYPL. Such a confirmation would be deemed to be a permission to BYPL to provide WhatsApp services;
- WhatsApp message type;
- BYPL will initiate the chat message with the consumers with a ‘yes’, ‘hi’, or ‘hellow’ in return from the consumers, which will be taken as anopt-in permission;
- BYPL shall not ask the consumer to share personal payment card numbers, financial account numbers, personal ID card numbers or any other sensitive/identifiable information;
- BYPL shall not use WhatsApp to request any health related information;
- The consumer shall not forward or share information with another consumer;
- BYPL may use mass messaging especially when general service related information is required to be disseminated to consumers, such as but not limited to load shedding, major outages, force majeure events and/or other occurrences beyond the control of BYPL affecting its services;
- The WhatsApp terms and conditions shall be in addition to any other terms and conditions as stipulated by BYPL from time to time on its website (…….mention BYPL website);
- Any services that may be offered to consumers through WhatsApp will be at the discretion of BYPL and/or on the basis of eligibility criteria of a consumer;
- In case of conflict between any of these WhatsApp terms and conditions for either services provided on WhatsApp platform, specific terms and conditions of such service shall prevail;
- This WhatsApp service is a supplementary media through which BYPL can communicate with its consumers and provide services as BYPL may decide in its own discretion.
- The Consumer hereby agrees and undertakes that he/she shall use the Services only if he/she fulfils the eligibility as given below:
(i) The Consumer is an individual and is a major;
(ii) The Consumer is a Guardian of a minor;
(iii) The Consumer is of sound mind, solvent and competent to contract;
(iv) The Consumer is a resident of India and is present in the territory of India at the
time of utilization of the Services.
- By applying and opting in for the Services, the Consumer acknowledges that he has read, understood and accepted these WhatsApp Terms and Conditions and other specific terms and conditions as pertaining to the Account/CA No. and any other products/offers/facilities and services availed by the Consumer whether or not through WhatsApp.
- On the Customer opting in for the Services through the WhatsApp platform, BYPL has the discretion to stop sending these alerts on SMS or any other channel .
- Consumer understands that mobile phones are vulnerable to threats such as but not limited to - a) Access by intruders to the data /information b) Identity theft
c) Privacy violations; d) Planting of stealth software and viruses; e) Disablement or distortion of operations; f) Interception of the transmission of encrypted data/message etc.
- The Consumer shall immediately notify BYPL in writing if Consumer discovers/ suspects unauthorized access.
- BYPL shall not be responsible or liable to the Consumer or any third party for the consequences arising out of or in connection with using of this Service.
- BYPL reserves the right to remove or otherwise delete any content or submissions made by the Consumer that violates the rules or which are inappropriate, as per BYPL’s sole discretion, without any liability or giving warning to the Consumer.
- The Consumer hereby acknowledges that he is availing the Service(s) at his own risk and the Consumer shall not hold BYPL responsible or liable for any of the risks.
- BYPL shall not be responsible for any failure on the part of the Consumer to utilize the WhatsApp facility due to the Consumer not being within the geographical range within which the WhatsApp facility is offered and which forms part of the roaming network of such cellular service provider, providing services to the Consumer availing such roaming facility from the respective cellular service provider. If the Consumer has reason to believe that the mobile phone number is / has been allotted to another person and / or there has been an unauthorized transaction and / or his mobile phone handset is lost, he shall immediately inform BYPL of the same.
- Under no circumstance, BYPL shall be held liable if the WhatsApp facility is not available for reasons including but not limited to natural calamities, legal restraints, faults in the telecommunication network or network failure, or any other reason beyond the control of BYPL. BYPL shall not be liable under any circumstances for any damages whatsoever whether such damages are direct, indirect, incidental consequential and irrespective of whether any claim is based on loss of revenue, interruption of business or any loss of any character or nature whatsoever and whether sustained by the Consumer or by any other person. Illegal or improper use of the WhatsApp facility shall render the Consumer liable for payment of financial charges as decided by BYPL or will result in suspension of the WhatsApp facility for the Consumer.
- In consideration of BYPL providing the WhatsApp facility, the Consumer, at his own expense, agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, BYPL, its directors and employees, representatives, agents, Consumers and/or the affiliates, as the case may be, against all losses, damages, expenses, actions, claims, demands and proceedings whatsoever, that BYPL may incur, sustain, suffer or be put to at any time as a consequence of acting on or omitting or refusing to act on any instructions given by the Consumer or otherwise for use of the WhatsApp facility.
- BYPL may, at its discretion, withdraw temporarily or terminate the WhatsApp facility, either wholly or in part, at any time without giving prior notice to the Consumer. BYPL may, without prior notice, suspend the WhatsApp facility at any time during which any maintenance work or repair is required to be carried out or in case of any emergency or for security reasons, which require the suspension of the WhatsApp facility.
- BYPL may suspend or terminate WhatsApp facility without prior notice if the Consumer has breached these WhatsApp Terms and Conditions or BYPL learns of the death, bankruptcy.
These WhatsApp terms and conditions shall be governed by laws of India. Any dispute or differences arising out of or in connection with the WhatsApp facility shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Delhi.