Welcome to BSES > Useful Tips > Safety
- Use proper conductor for house wiring by calculating actual load.
- Don't expose electrical appliances & bare wires to wet conditions.
- Use the correct size , ISI make of fuse & never replace the burn-out fuse with other materials.
- Avoid the use of Extension Chords & don't leave them dangling or trailing on the floor.
For households :
- Never allow your children to touch any electrical point or insert any part of their body into it.
- Allow only licensed Electricians to handle electrical problems.
- Always ensure that you are properly insulated from getting electrical shock.
- Avoid " Octopus Connections " as overloading might occur due to the same which can cause burning of sockets.
- Educate the children about 'Electrical Signs' & dangers of electric shock .
- Always switch off the Current from the mains in case of short circuit in a portion of premises & insulate yourself.
- Ensure proper earthing in your premises.
- Never insert bare wires in the socket & always remove the plug from the socket when not in use.